CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken


Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken.

I found this crock pot recipe on another blog site and decided it looked/sounded yummy and easy. I gave it a whirl this weekend and served over Rice-A-Roni Whole Grain Spanish rice (recommend it! very tasty rice), and made some corn bread on the side. Daryl and I both really enjoyed the meal!


1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
2 Tbsp. (1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg.) Taco Seasoning Mix
2 Tbsp. flour
1 each: green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
1 cup frozen corn
1-1/2 cups salsa
1 cup Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese (I just used regular cheddar)

TOSS chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese; cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours).
STIR just before serving. Top with the shredded cheese. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Heehee, my food photos are garbage too! Actually yours aren't bad, that sounded mean! I post my recipes here.

Michelle said...

Oh this sounds so good.Thanks for the blog visit.I will post the recipe on my recipe box later when dd is in bed :)thanks.It came from Readers Digest healthy cookbooks..:)I love love the cookbook:)