CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie


Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie*
*with my changes/additions listed through out the recipe

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs. chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
1 package frozen peas, thawed
1 package frozen corn, thawed
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup low fat sour cream
1 box of Chicken Flavor Stove Top Stuffing
*I also added in some red potatoes, personal preference. Yum!

Directions:


Boil one and half pounds chicken; when cooked, cut into one inch cubes.

While boiling chicken, defrost one package frozen peas and corn. Also peel and chop two carrots. Boil red potatoes (leaving skin on) until tender.

Mix chicken with one can condensed cream of chicken soup and one cup low fat sour cream. *For future reference, I am going to play around with this amount and possibly add in more soup and/or sour cream...I felt it could have been...mushier...for lack of a good cooking term. Throw in vegetables. Mix. *Also, next time I will add in more seasonings...I only did salt and pepper and I felt it could have used a little more bang.
Put mixture in 13x9 pan.

Prepare Stove Top Stuffing and then put on top of casserole.

Bake at 400 degrees for thirty minutes. Enjoy!

All in all, I felt this was a great base-recipe. Play around with it to suit you and your family's needs. Yummy! (Next time I might try putting a reduced fat Bisquick topping over the top of the casserole as a crust, instead of stuffing. Although the stuffing was darn tasty. LOL)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

how many points is your chicken pot pie per serving?? It looks wonderful! Thank you for commenting on my blog!

Smitty76 said...

I totally can't remember but I plan on making it again soon, so check back if you can! I'll update the entry to include the points value once I calculate it. :-)

MoneyCommonSense said...

I am looking for chicken recipes that use mainly chicken breast. For some reason I have a hard time finding those. I am going to give this recipe a try because it does sound yummy.